Date: Jul 30, 2012 11:38 PM
Author: hyphz
Subject: How do I create a circular lamina?

Hi,

I want to be able to visualize Euler's Rotation Theorem (I don't think there's an existing visualization/demonstration of that anywhere?), but in order to do so I need to draw two intersecting great circles of spheres.

I can't see any primitive that allows a circular lamina or disk to be drawn in 3D. There's Disk[] and Circle[] in 2D, but Mathematica won't allow them to be converted to 3D. I can make one via revolution plotting a constant but that seems a really ugly hack.

Is there a good way of getting a circular lamina in 3D/