Date: Sep 11, 2012 6:13 PM
Author: Evan Romer
Subject: Strogatz 2.0

Two years ago Steve Strogatz did a 15-part series on math as a weekly
NY Times blog. Lots of good stuff, most of it not directly applicable
to our daily teaching. (Note that I said "directly.")

He's back with a 6-part series (once a week starting today),?Me,
Myself and Math,? that focuses on math as it applies to people. For
example: DNA, fingerprints, the pattern of hair on a baby's head,
social networks.

Evan Romer
Susquehanna Valley HS
Conklin NY