Date: Sep 12, 2012 12:31 AM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: Non-Euclidean Arithmetic

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2012, at 6:51 PM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Regardless, to meet your challenge above that scaling cannot be a
> model for the multiplication of arbitrary real numbers - given that I
> utterly reject your assumption above that a model must be computable -
> and I note that your assumption above denies all of geometry based on
> real numbers because you deny almost all real numbers:
>

> Joe must be a conservative real number denier.
>
> Bob Hansen

Since you've given me permission:

You can all you want make light of the fact that there is much
crankery out there by a very big lot of cranks in terms of denial of
science and/or mathematics, and that very unfortunately for
conservatism, it almost always comes from within conservatism. Do we
need to wonder why?

For fun, consider this: The most recent denial of science by so many
conservatives on the Internet is their mind-blowing attempts at trying
to continue to deny that the globe is warming never mind that we now
have new satellite data that confirms that starting less than 30 years
ago, all of the Arctic ice is collapsing before our very eyes, more
than 3/4 of the way to zero volume during summer, 1/3 of way to zero
volume all year round. And since just 2006, more than half of
whatever summer ice existed then is now gone - we are more than
halfway to zero volume starting from just six years ago.

See these for the jaw-dropping truth:

http://tamino.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/piomas.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Chiloe/12_Climate/sea_ice_PIOMAS_min_to_date.png