Date: Sep 28, 2012 12:24 AM
Author: ashawn69
Subject: How to Save Money on College Textbooks

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum but was reading some article posted on here about the college financial bubble and the outrageous cost of college and wanted to chime in. Another thing about colleges the past few years is the cost of textbooks and how ridiculous and inflated the costs are. As a college student I see first hand how expensive books are my freshmen year I spent $1100 on books. The publishers come out with a new edition it seems like every semester changing minor things and pictures to limit the use of used books on the market. The best way to vote they say is with your dollars and I have totally stopped using the campus bookstores. I buy all my books online now and save up to 80% I go to websites like http://www.TextbookMonster.com (there are a lot of them but http://textbookmonster.com seems like the best since they search every online dealer at once like Kayak but for books) to compare prices of all the online textbook stores and find the cheapest price and order from!
their. Its truly a shame that college campuses are acting more like businesses than places of education. Whats your opinion on this?