Date: Sep 29, 2012 10:34 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: The Prime Directive

Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Sep 29, 2012 1:28 AM

>> You simply have to understand that if it were up to
>> the Education Mafia, Stuyvesant (by which I mean
>> Stuyvesant High School and all her sisters) would not
>> exist.

>Wrong.

>I see nothing in
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuyvesant_High_School
>about that.

Hmmm. So your theory about why the state legislature passed a law mandating the admissions process for a NYC school is what, exactly? In your experience, is it a common occurence for the state to regulate the operations of an individual local school, in the absence of egregious failure? Except for the increasingly common occurence of an actual state takeover of a school district, is it your observation that states commonly usurp the operational prerogatives of the local school boards and their superintendents?

Haim
No representation without taxation.