Date: Sep 30, 2012 5:18 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: On realistic and practical tools for the US education system...

Much has been made of the reported failure of the Camden, New Jersey Police Force (see, for instance, Haim's post of http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2405580) and its implications for US education.

Much has been made also of various reported failures of the US public school education system (see, for instance, practically any one of thousands of Haim's posts). No effective means of resolving any of the reported failures has been suggested; except that Haim has repeatedly put forward an unrealistic (*) demand to "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" and Wayne Bishop has put forth his equally unrealistic demand to "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!"].

*I call these demands unrealistic because Haim's 'Education Mafia' is a legally undefined entity (though it is huge, according to his unrealistic definitions provided), and no law is available in the US (so far as I know) to put undefined entities in jail regardless how large they may be. Wayne Bishop's demand to "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!" is equally unrealistic in terms of practicality and legality.

I suggest some practical means whereby genuine stakeholders in US education may get together to gather useful and practical ideas to improve the US public school education system (in areas where it is perceived to be deficient in any way), and then to put those ideas into practice. I attach herewith some documents about these tools - which I'm unable to show directly in this message. More information available from me by direct inquiry at:
gs (underscore) chandy (at) yahoo (dot) com. [Just substitute the appropriate characters for the words in brackets, remove the spaces around the characters substituted, and Lo! and Behold! you have a legitimate e-mail id!]

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away" - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick - and the humble suggestion that this tedium could easily avoided through the simple expedient of not opening any mail that is purported to be originating from me).

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Message was edited by: GS Chandy