Date: Oct 2, 2012 11:20 AM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: US teachers are overworked and underpaid

OK, I should have added something like "k12" or "public school" in the
title in order to make the intent more clear as to which teachers the
cited studies are talking about in an international comparison between
such teachers as to how many teaching hours they are forced to have
under their contracts and how well they are paid, especially per
teaching hour.

That is, by such studies the US teachers in question are getting the
shaft big-time in comparison to almost all of the other countries'
teachers in question on this last point, especially compared to the
Japanese teachers in question.