Date: Oct 2, 2012 6:08 PM
Author: Richard Hake
Subject: Commitment to Gender Equity at Scholarly Conferences

Some subscribers to Math-Teach might be interested in a new petition
CONFERENCES initiated by Dan Sperber (Cognitive Science and
Philosophy, Central European University Budapest, and Institut Jean
Nicod, Paris); Virginia Valian (Psychology and Linguistics, CUNY
Graduate Ctr and Hunter College); and others as listed on the

They have established a website at <>.

In this regard, "Gender Issues in Science/Math Education (GISME)
[Hake & Mallow (2008)] may be of interest.

I thank Gloria Origgi (2012)
<> of the HoPoS-L list for
alerting me to this petition.

Links to Articles: <>
Links to SDI Labs: <>
Academia: <>
Blog: <>
GooglePlus: <>
Twitter: <>

Hake, R.R. & J.V. Mallow. 2008. "Gender Issues in Science/Math
Education (GISME)," over 700 Annotated References & 1000 URL's: Part
1 - All references in alphabetical order, online as a 8.5 MB pdf at
<>; Part 2 - Some references in subject order,
online as a 4.8 MB pdf at<>. Also, both are
online as ref. 55 at my website <> and Jeffry
Mallow's website <>; see also my "Hake'sEdStuff"
blog entry at <>.

Origgi, G. 2012. "Commitment to gender equity at scholarly
conferences," online on the CLOSED! HoPoS-L archives at
<>. Post of 01 Oct 2012 18:09:57+0200 to HoPoS-L.
(HoPoS = History of Philosophy of Science)