Date: Oct 5, 2012 12:51 PM
Author: Kristina Harris
Subject: Math Warriors: Quirky Math Webseries

My name is Kristina Harris. I recently produced a comedic webseries about a group of students studying mathematics at Yale University.  We?re in our second season now, and feedback has been that it's a fun show for people interested in mathematics like yourselves, and your students. We even got to screen it for Math for America and got rave reviews! As an educational forum, I thought you might be interested watching the series and possibly sharing it with your students. If you watch the show and like it, we can set you up with some free pens and stuff too!

The show is essentially a quirky fictional comedic series about the Yale Math Team as they compete against the Harvard team. It contains a lot of math content and some humor too, so I thought it might be a good fit for your students. We would love for you to take a look at it and see what you think. Here are a few examples of recent episodes:

Season 2, Episode 2: Holey Primes! - Features a real mathematician from The
Courant Institute of Mathematics, an explanation of the Monty Hall
problem, and a discussion of other mathematical topics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUb2EJWvAQ

Season 2, Episode 4: Twin Primes - The prisoner's dilemma (game theory) is
played out. A proof is done on the board and explained -- but with a funny twist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S276jzpNKyc

Season 2: Episode 5: Pseudoprime - the Monty Hall problem acted out - with a quirky twist.....
http://youtu.be/fpe5ZaFvIwQ