Date: Oct 9, 2012 1:02 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: Calculus Position Statement - NCTM & MAA

> Now I am thinking Hale Bopp.
> vement)
> Bob Hansen
> On Apr 17, 2012, at 4:15 PM, kirby urner wrote:

> > Cascadia

Here's a link to a new movie 'Occupied Cascadia' which
was recently shown in a one of our commercial theaters
(Clinton Street):

It will give you (& other readers) a better idea of how
Cascadians are viewing the Occupy movement.

On another note, there's a new exhibit on the history of
the 'race' concept at our local science museum (OMSI).
At the brew pub in my neighborhood, we had a lecture on
the topic in a packed theater (it's a pub-theater, you
probably have those too in sunny Florida?):

Lets just say that the two presenters are not really
"buying" the concept of race, but they're both avid
students of it (one a sociologist, the other a population
biologist, though with mostly non-humans a focus (moths
don't come in "races")).

I blogged about the talk here:
(pictures on the way)