Date: Oct 11, 2012 1:43 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Topic 5 - The Beginning of the End

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Oct 11, 2012 12:15 AM (I've already responded to this.  Here one point that may deserve some emphasis):
> On Oct 10, 2012, at 9:18 AM, GS Chandy
> <> wrote:

> > Revealingly, no attention is paid to the ...
> As I recall, ...

> So, i grew up in a trailer with 7 people (2 adults
> and 4 siblings). There was no "learning environment"
> at home, except that I learned I will never live in a
> trailer again.

After your having grown up in that kind of situation, it is surprising that you have approximately zero understanding of just what a huge stride you must have taken to understand the value that learning (at that time) would bring to you, some 30/40/more years down the line (and so little sensitivity for such disadvantaged learners)! Very, VERY few young people are capable of such a leap of the imagination. Forget about young people - very few adults have the imagination to see even a year or two down the line.

("Still Shoveling Away!" - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the humble suggestion that the EASY way to avoid such tedium
is simply to refrain from opening any message purported to originate from GSC)

Message was edited by: GS Chandy