Date: Oct 12, 2012 1:33 AM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: US teachers are overworked and underpaid

Teaching hours Paul. remember?

I never said teachers work 5 hours a day. You based this all on teaching hours. I have been to the school at 2:15 a hundred times, except for a scattering of after school activities, the vast majority of the students are gone before the bell chimes at 2:30. I live two blocks from the school (I can hear the bell in my house). I have also visited the school many times in the day, we are allowed to have lunch with our children if we want. The schedule is as it is to give the teachers breaks during the day. I have also emailed the teachers during the day, and gotten replies.

I am not making a claim that the teachers are not working hard.

Bob Hansen