Date: Oct 12, 2012 3:04 AM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: US teachers are overworked and underpaid

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2012, at 1:24 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I see what this is.
>
> Nope, you don't see what this is...
>
> http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/florida-teacher-salaries-headed-to-no-47-in-the-nation/1152211
>
> If that list had included benefits it would have said that at the bottom.

That is not true. I have seen many times where the figure includes
benefits but does not explicitly say.

Here is the proof that you and that writer at that conservative
newspaper are wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brevard_Public_Schools
"In 2011, the average teacher earned $44,442 annually, not including
benefits. A starting teacher earns $36,000. Top salary was $56,350
after 21 years.[23]"

This is is proof that you are wrong and that my citation of FoxNews is
correct, when they say exactly that $44,000 figure.

I'm sorry, Robert, but I know what I'm talking about. That starting
salary and ending salary excluding benefits mentioned above is
perfectly in line with what I knew to be case when I taught in FL just
few years ago.

Teacher pay in the US and in FL especially did not increase 25% over
just a few years time during this past worldwide Great Recession.

We teachers pay attention to these types of things. We want to know
what we will paid down the road if we stick it out.