Date: Oct 12, 2012 11:51 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: US teachers are overworked and underpaid

On Oct 12, 2012, at 11:03 PM, GS Chandy <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I recall the late John N. Warfield (the originator of the modeling processes - indeed, of the whole process - embedded in the OPMS) telling me - when I wrote to him about the OPMS and how I proposed to use it - that the greatest difficulty I would face in future would be the opposition from many of those whom I might believe should and would be my first and best supporters; he also said that this would occur mainly because of their inability to confront, successfully, their own failures and failings.

You should have probably been more critical at that moment. I have been fortunate. I have the advantage of both the school of hard knocks and the school or education. This has provided me the ability to be open but not foolish. Critical but not inconvincible. My first question to Mr. Warfield after that exchange would be "If this modeling process is what you say it is then why have you not been able to overcome your failure to convince others?"

Bob Hansen