Date: Oct 17, 2012 12:07 PM
Author: Tikkuhirvi Tietavainen
Subject: Re: difference between xcorr and crosscorr?

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <jgrd8p$q21$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "ImageAnalyst" <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message

> > I don't see crosscorr() - is that in some particular toolbox? Where
> > did you get it?

> It's in Econometrics Toolbox.
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/econ/crosscorr.html
>
> while XCORR is in Signal Processing Toolbox.
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/ref/xcorr.html
>
> One difference I see between them at first glance is what they return and
> what options they allow. Signal Processing Toolbox just returns the
> correlations and lags while allowing the user to specify a normalization
> method, while Econometrics Toolbox returns correlations, lags, and
> confidence bounds but does not allow the user to specify a normalization
> method.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Hi all!

I have the same problem.. Apparently if you subtract the mean out of the input vectors, both the functions give the same result. Also if you don't normalize the results (if you comment row 190 in crosscorr), there will still be a difference between the results.

So which one is the correct one?

-Aino