Date: Oct 17, 2012 10:10 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Greg Goodknight Posted: Oct 17, 2012 7:04 PM

>Peer review is good, "Pal" review isn't. If educational
>researchers are to improve their image, it might help if
>a clear path to career success can be had by demolishing
>bad research, but that doesn't seem to be the case and
>we have positive reinforcement to be the order of the
>days.

And I now have a question for you, Greg. The Math Wars are more than 20 yrs old. The Education Mafia have been practicing their voodoo for twice that length of time, at least. They have their own colleges, their own students, their own publications. They seem to get plenty of money, from the federal government and from other sources, to conduct their own "research". Not only do they seem to be doing just fine, they seem to be growing from strength to strength.

Do you think they are much concerned with improving their image in your eyes?

Haim
No representation without taxation.