Date: Oct 18, 2012 4:29 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Greg Goodknight Posted: Oct 18, 2012 12:26 AM

>> Do you think they are much concerned with improving
>> their image in your eyes?

>I didn't specify their problem is their image by my eyes.

I meant the "royal you", in which I include myself.

>Boaler certainly seems concerned with her image at
>Stanford, and most Ed.D.'s are probably aware of their
>relative standing in academia.

I think just the opposite. If Boaler was concerned that her image, in the eyes of her education peers, had been damaged by Milgram and Bishop, the last thing she would want to do is dredge up an old case and remind everybody. She would want to carry on with new work.

To the contrary, I suspect she wears Milgram's and Bishop's criticism like a badge of honor. There are reasons Boaler is dredging up this old case, and shame is not among them.

Hiam
No representation without taxation.