Date: Oct 19, 2012 3:00 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Jo Boaler reveals attacks by Milgram and Bishop

Robert Hansen posted Oct 19, 2012 8:20:

> On Oct 18, 2012, at 10:14 PM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > (The child who is going to grow up to be a real
> pianist truly ENJOYS his/her piano lessons - and that
> is why he/she does all the scales, etc, with
> enjoyment [probably because he/she pictures the
> future skill when it is developed]. The child who is
> NOT going to become a competent pianist is bored by
> or actively hates piano lessons. (I speak from
> personal experience, as I was just such a child who
> hated his piano lessons AND the practice!)
>
> That's all my point is. Most students hate piano
> lessons. Are you claiming that this is due to piano
> teachers? If not, then why claim that math teachers
> make students hate math?
>
> Bob Hansen

Why do you thus persist in lying?

When did I ever claim that "math teachers make students hate math?" (I do claim that our ineffective teaching systems [in particular of teaching math] tend to bring out fear/loathing [of math] in a great many children).

There's a significant difference. That's my point: the difference, the 'gap', if you will, between your understanding and mine.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away" - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that all this tedium is EASILY avoided by the simple expedient of not opening any posts purporting to originate from GSC)

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Message was edited by: GS Chandy