Date: Oct 19, 2012 1:10 PM
Author: Richard Kennaway
Subject: How to recover floating document view in R2012b editor?

In the editor in R2012b, I accidentally switched to single document view, and now I find I can't get back to the only view I find usable, floating document view, i.e. multiple overlapping document windows in the editor window. The new View tab only gives the options of Single, Left/Right, Top/Bottom, or Tiled. The R2012a editor provides the functionality with a strip of buttons in the top right, and it has all of those plus Float. How can I get floating view back in R2012b? I tried manually tweaking the config files in ~/.matlab/R2012b, but nothing I tried made any difference.