Date: Oct 23, 2012 10:18 AM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

Kirby Urner Posted: Oct 22, 2012 11:52 PM

>Yes, I appear to stray off topic, but we're talking
>about using a flagship of Corporate America (IBM) as our
>newest Golden Calf (object of genuflection), and you're
>like "it's about time! How can these Mafia be taken
>seriously, as Only Now are they finally worshiping at
>the altar of Big Business".

But, I did not say anything like that; it is not my point, at all. My point is that these people claim to be Servants of The Secret Fire, masters of occult knowledge, they have the plans for the perpetual motion machine of public education. In fact, they stagger from one stupid fad after another, each fad more vacuous than the one before. And it is all documented in the pages of the NY Times and other news organs.

How do they keep getting away with it? Am I the only person in America who can remember a newspaper story from one day to the next? What the hell?

Of course, in one sense I understand perfectly well how they get away with it: raw political power. But, why are they not an object of derision in your eyes? How are they not made to feel shame in every edition of every newspaper in the country? Why did the NYT report the story of these new high schools as a simple, even laudable, fact and not point out the blatant contradictions of Education Mafia ideology?

Haim
No representation without taxation.