Date: Oct 23, 2012 12:56 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

Not at all. A curriculum that includes plenty of content on what's been
happening is not a "cause". The guiding principle is US public education is
about participating in democracy and your knowledge base aka cultural
literacy should be like what any future president might get. I don't want
21st century kids as ignorant as today's. Too expensive in terms of what
idiotic policies and laws result.