Date: Oct 23, 2012 5:56 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

Kirby Urner Posted: Oct 23, 2012 1:15 PM

>So at this point the EM can do no right by you as any
>new reform, experiment or innovation is tantamount to an
>admission of not having a clue. You're into booing and
>throwing tomatoes because this rat hasn't found the
>cheese yet, from your point of view because there's no
>cheese in this maze to begin with. Or we would have
>found it by now.

So, one day you get into a bad traffic accident because your mechanic screwed up the brake job he did for you. You decide to give him another chance. Months later, you are stranded on the side of the highway for hours (at an enormous inconvenience to you) because your mechanic screwed up the engine tune up. You decide to give him another chance. Months later, you have to dive out of your car at risk of your life because your engine exploded into flames because your mechanic worked on the fuel line.

You are about to give your mechanic another chance but your wife has started to wonder aloud if you have a death wish. So, you say to her...?

In other words, you seem to want to apply a principle to the EM that you would apply to no one else. Not your mechanic, not your dentist (how many times does he drill and fill the wrong tooth before you consider seeing another dentist?), not your accountant, etc.

At some point, you have to come to a conclusion. When did you finally decide that astrologers cannot foretell your future (or did you decide this)? When did you finally accept that alchemists cannot turn lead into gold by any method known to them (or did you accept this)? And so on and so forth.

Not only have the EM been running our schools for some 60 yrs (or more, depending on how you count them), but they plainly have no intention of changing their theories, policies, or practices. This much you can take to the bank: so long as the EM are in charge, the schools we have are the schools we get. Period. If you want something else you will have to hire other people. After 60 yrs, several $TTTrillion, and several generations of children---it's not like we didn't give these people a chance---it is really that simple.

Haim
No representation without taxation.