Date: Oct 25, 2012 2:11 PM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Oct 25, 2012 10:58 AM
>

>>So to GS I again say and with amplification, "Do not let
>>conservatism confuse you...

> Paul, let me set your mind at ease. I feel sure that GS's thinking is wholly unburdened by conservative thinking of any kind.

I did not say that he was. I said that he may be quite deceived by conservatism.

>> The Scandinavian countries (except for a number of very
>>small city-state-like countries), the richest countries
>>in the world and even in history per capita

> And you have spoken in glowing terms about China. Consider that China is both GS's next door neighbor and China's population is comparable to India's, so GS has only to look next door for a good example of what you are recommending.

Some of what China does is a good example of what real economic science recommends. Russia actually went to hell when its new private economy got taken over by the mafia there because they took the advice of conservative"economists". China has followed progressive Norway's lead (not the US), following the advice of real economic scientists who are not at all biased against the use of government.