Date: Oct 25, 2012 5:52 PM
Author: John Hanna
Subject: RE: [ap-calculus] License to Derive

NOTE:
and post messages there.
How about an e-license?

The number would be...

2.718281818459045...

John Hanna
jehanna@optonline.net
www.johnhanna.us
T3 - Teachers Teaching with Technology
"the future isn't what it used to be."

-----Original Message-----
From: Cindy Couchman [mailto:ccouchman@buhlerschools.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:00 PM
To: AP Calculus
Subject: [ap-calculus] License to Derive

NOTE:
This ap-calculus EDG will be closing in the next few weeks. Please sign up
for the new AP Calculus
Teacher Community Forum at
https://apcommunity.collegeboard.org/getting-started
and post messages there.
--------------------
Hi All!
I believe this idea came from this list serve. I want to give 10 question
quizzes over:

product rule
quotient rule
chain rule

Once they get 100% on each, they would get a "License to Derive." I brought
it up to my students thinking they may think it corny, but they are very
motivated to get the license. Does anyone have a sample license they have
used? I was trying to come up with clever things to put on it but it turns
out I am not too clever! If you would be willing to share your sample
license, I would really appreciate it.
THANK YOU!
Cindy Couchman

---