Date: Oct 27, 2012 12:46 PM
Author: israeliteknight
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

"Hitler was really happy with this new ally (said so publicly), a friend in the engine business. But this romance didn't last. Old Henry snapped out of it."

You are factually wrong on each and every point, Kirby, but to get past the censors, this short reply will address only one. To claim that Hitler learned something from Ford (or worse, invented the VW) is about on par with claiming that Al Gore invented the internet.

Ford did not go to Germany to help Germans or Hitler build cars, he went there to learn how to build cars. Our explosion in technology was not caused by aliens crashing in Roswell but by our capturing the German patent office. Even with that, Germany still exports almost five times as many cars as we do, and Japan, who also benefited by technology agreements with Germany, exports almost four times as many.

As an example of how poorly we implemented the technology, consider our freeways, which are cheap copies of German autobahns. We captured the basic design but forgot to read the simple operating instructions, so per mile, there are three times as many deaths per mile on our freeways than there are on German autobahns. My industry, the semiconductor industry, was completely operational in Germany prior to it being destroyed by WWII. Ditto for the rocket industry.

btw, Ford makes a LOT of money by manufacturing in Germany but loses $BILLIONS by manufacturing here, and our .iss poor education system is only partly to blame.