Date: Oct 29, 2012 5:44 AM
Author: Stuart M Newberger
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday Herman Rubin and thanks!

On Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:47:09 AM UTC-7, The poster formerly known as Colleyville Alan wrote:
> Happy Birthday, Herman. And thanks for recommending your late wife's book on set theory - I was able to find a copy and I am enjoying it very much.
>
> Alan

Hello . Set theory for mathematicians by Jean Rubin is indeed a very excellent book both for the system of natural logic and for the Kelly-Moore set theory .There is also another excellent book on Kelly-Moore set theory by Donald Monk.
However both books are out of print. Perhaps Herman could give all of us a present by arranging for the book to be published in Dover so that it would be as inexpensive as possible for the benefit of future generations .
And while I'm at it let me mention that the best book on set theory to appear lately did come out in Dover - Raymond Smullyan and Melvin fitting -set theory and the continuum hypothesis .
And yes of course Happy Birthday to Herman Rubin .smn