Date: Nov 2, 2012 1:08 AM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Why Dehaene is Wrong

On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:55 AM, Louis Talman <talmanl@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's even more unbelievable. If it were so, the mathematically successful population would be demographically identical with the mathematically unsuccessful population. I think it can be easily demonstrated that this isn't so.

No, I proved it. With millions of exams.

If you look at two exams, both scoring, say, 70% correct, you cannot tell ANYTHING about the students who took the exam. When a girl is as successful as a boy on the exam their successes are indistinguishable from each other when you examine the problems they got right and the problems they got wrong. It doesn't even matter if the girl is black, poor, rich, or lives in Siberia.

Read this again very carefully Lou, I really don't think you understood it.

Bob Hansen