Date: Nov 2, 2012 1:16 AM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Why Dehaene is Wrong

On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:55 AM, Louis Talman <talmanl@gmail.com> wrote:

> But you haven't explained what the unsuccessful students do wrong. Nor, perhaps even more importantly, why they miss the boat. And what do their teachers do wrong?

No, I didn't. I only said that I established the elements of success. That there is a natural order, a progression. That is at least a start. It establishes that whatever the pedagogy is, one of it's requirements is that it advance authentically through that progression. So I guess that does mean that I prefer pedagogies that favor authentic success at each level over social promotion.

Bob Hansen