Date: Nov 5, 2012 9:27 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Of Interest... Lemmas or Lemmings?

On Nov 5, 2012, at 7:55 PM, Jonathan Crabtree <sendtojonathan@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I own the updated 2011 edition of The Number Sense by Stanislas Dehaene. A decade is an eternity in our understanding of the brain.
>
> I wonder if fewer people have read the book in this thread than know how to change a subject line...

Geez, thanks for nothing. I just blew $11.00...

"When I reread the first edition of this book, I was pleased to see that all of these ideas were already germinating, albeit somewhat speculatively, fifteen years ago. Now that research findings have solidly grounded them, I am convinced that a new edition of The Number Sense is in order.

Dehaene, Stanislas (2011-04-01). The Number Sense:How the Mind Creates Mathematics, Revised and Updated Edition (Kindle Locations 77-79). Oxford University Press. Kindle Edition.

Next time, why not post what it is that is so different? This thing reads just like the first edition, with the same experiments. Why do you guys think there is some secret sauce that has stayed hidden for 10,000 years. We are talking El Dorado, the Golden Fleece and the Lost Arc of the Covenant, all rolled into one.

Bob Hansen