Date: Nov 7, 2012 11:38 AM
Author: Luis A. Afonso
Subject: Sufficient large samples lead surely to reject H0 . . .

Sufficient large samples lead surely to reject H0 . . .

A drawback usually ascribed to NHST: Samples from nature very rarely, or never, are conformable with theoretical model . . . enough to increase sample sizes to be aware.
Inference: Worthless to find out if the Null is rejected or not rejected: The result do depend how many observed items used, and worse, one infallibly has to reject it.
Analysis__ Two possibilities should be distinguished (if possible): the sample does include extraneous values, and are discarded, or an unknown Population feature come into sight, leading to modify the parameter value we check.
Is just, I mean, time to research in depth how to adapt the model to the find. (Why the cygnet is black?)
Do remember: *scientific culture* follows the Occam´s razor criterion: The simplest model that is conformable with experience/observation should be followed:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Luis A. Afonso