Date: Nov 7, 2012 1:41 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment)

You should probably try starting a new thread that gives overview
rather than just kibitz on this thread, get a fresh start.

When you say "egalitarian" (like that's a bad thing) you need to
define what that means.

A really effective teacher that money can't buy (because of prior
commitments) may not show up on the expense radar -- which is somewhat
the point.

Having schools raise their own funds for specific projects, is what
CSN supports (CSN = a network of charitable giving "coffee shops" that
do more than serve coffee; they provide games the winnings from which
may be channeled to specific causes (think "church bingo")).

In Jersey City, my classroom was multi-ethnic for sure, but then all
girls / young women. I am a proponent of single gender [sic] schools
as a choice, boarding schools as a choice as well (yes, with
government funding, not just private sponsors).

Kirby