Date: Nov 8, 2012 11:28 PM
Author: Paul A. Tanner III
Subject: Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM, GS Chandy <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I generally tend to agree with Kirby that much of economics (whether mathematical or otherwise) is a chimera, a mirage. (I have previously termed it as 'the dismal non-science', with which characterization Paul has disagreed).

Whatever you may think, much of it not what you think. There's plenty
of real science and real scientific data as to what to do and what not
to do. Just look at the most success economies in the world for
examples of at least some applications of this real science. Their
successes did not happen just by accident.

The only reason what these scientists know works best has not been
done more often than it has been done is because too many powerful
people of the conservative, science-denying persuasion have convinced
like-minded people to vote against real progress. (Their denial of the
real science in economics is similar to their denials of evolution and
climate science.)