Date: Nov 12, 2012 8:40 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: Petition by Jeremy Kilpatrick to Stanford in Support of Jo Boaler

Richard Hake Posted: Nov 12, 2012 4:59 PM

>Following up on this email I just wanted to make sure
>that everyone was aware of the petition started by
>Jeremy Kilpatrick (University of Georgia) began in
>support of Jo asking Stanford to take action.

I infer that Jo Boaler is in some kind of trouble and is trying to concoct a cause. Two recent examples come to mind:

(1) Madonna Constantine, formerly of Columbia U, who invented a racial incident in an attempt to immunize herself against impending charges of plagiarism,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_Constantine

and

(2) the notorious Gang of 88 at Duke University, of the Duke Lacrosse infamy,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_88

In the first case, Constantine was trying to protect herself. In the second case, disgusting racists were trying to promote their cause.

I know there are a lot of similar incidents, but I cannot be bothered to research them.

Wayne, I do not know if you have the stomach or the energy for this. Or the allies and help that you would need. But this fight, if it came to it, must hinge on the merits of Boaler's work. You would subpoena her evidence, put her work on trial, and that would be the end of Boaler.

Boaler is doing this either out of desperation or hubris. Why this, why now? I think desperation. Something is happening at Stanford. Could it be that Boaler has conducted so much research with nothing to show for it that even a school of education has had enough?

Of course, odds are that nothing will come of this. But, "mighty oaks from little acorns grow". This could be the case that puts education research in the dock.

Haim
No representation without taxation.