Date: Nov 14, 2012 4:22 AM
Author: Skirt Zhang
Subject: want to increase maximum possible array out of memory

how to increase "Maximum possible array" in Matlab?

I constantly meet the out of memory problem, and I run my code in two computers and get the conclusion that this problem can be fixed through increasing the "Maximum possible array"?

Can anyone give me a suggestion about how to do this?

Below is the info. for my computer:
>> memory
Maximum possible array: 748 MB (7.847e+008 bytes) *
Memory available for all arrays: 1532 MB (1.607e+009 bytes) **
Memory used by MATLAB: 246 MB (2.575e+008 bytes)
Physical Memory (RAM): 3543 MB (3.715e+009 bytes)

I found some online helps but I am always directed to Microsoft webpage helper which is not efficient at all, can anyone gives me a hint in how to do it in Matlab since I think the Physical Memory is enough, but the "Maximum possible array" is clearly the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance,