Date: Nov 15, 2012 4:48 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: Safety Glasses in Algebra?

On Nov 15, 2012, at 4:11 PM, Dave L. Renfro <renfr1dl@cmich.edu> wrote:

> Since when was math class about memorization? Math has always
> involved the least amount of memorization of any subject I
> can think of, with the possible exception of P.E. classes.

Good point.

But what if you weren't good at math? In that circumstance it is conceivable that you might think math is a lot of things it isn't. Scarier yet, what if the designers of this course weren't good at math?

I have not yet obtained curriculum details, but I am working on it. Engagement is good, and I could see how this class can be more engaging for some students than an algebra class. Just don't lie to them or the parents and tell them that it is algebra.

Bob Hansen