Date: Nov 17, 2012 6:37 PM
Author: Hercules ofZeus
Subject: Re: SCI.LOGIC is a STAGNANT CESS PITT of LOSERS!

> On Nov 18, 3:17 am, George Greene <gree...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
> > All YOU are doing is ADDING SOMETHING ON TOP of a system that IS
> > ALREADY MUCH BIGGER than "micro"!

> > You are not SHRINKING anything DOWN to "micro" by ADDING LONGER
> > versions of what IS ALREADY there!

No! This is where mathematics, logic, A.I. and computation separated
in 1972 when PROLOG came out.

the error??

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LISP! THEY TACKED LISP ONTO PROLOG!

In order to program

WHAT ARE THE MOONS OF SATURN?

moons( earth, moon ).
moons( mars, phoebos ).
moons( saturn, titan ).
moons( saturn, h20 ).

You have to CONVERT THAT RELATION TO A LIST!!!

list(moons,BAGOF(moons(saturn,X))))

It was IMMENSELY COMPLICATED and SQL came about with 1 line.

SELECT PLANET, MOON FROM TMOONS

.
.
.

there is just 1 algorithm with PROLOG

UNIFY ( f(a,B) , f(Z,g) ).

CAN YOU WORK OUT THE RESULTANT FUNCTION GEORGE?

Unfortunely UNIFY(F1,F2) is so powerful, you dont even NEED any
commands though they added 500 3GL commands to PROLOG.

Unfortuenatly UNIFY() is so powerful it doubles as a PROGRAMMING
LANGUAGE PARAMETER STACK AND FETCH CYCLE which is all people used it
for! Nothing 4GL was ever programmed in PROLOG!

microPROLOG is a SHELL OVER SQL.

SELECT ID, REF FROM TTAILS, TPRO
WHERE TTAILS.ID = TPRO.ID
AND TTAILS.REF = TPRO.REF
GROUP BY COUNT(ID)
ORDER BY ID DEDC

This is IMMENSELY FASTER, BINARY INDEXES BUILT IN, can handle 1
BILLION RECORDS on a standard Server.

This is a BREAKTHOUGH ITERATIVE UNIFY ALGORITHM

but you are all too self absorbed to understand how to use a data
structure of predicates.

A QUERY

?- vert ( pnt( 1,2 ) pnt( 1,4 ) )

This will be