Date: Nov 18, 2012 3:58 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!

Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!

The long missed solution of an outstanding problem came from a
completely unexpected side: Social science proves the consistency of
matheology by carrying out a poll.

As recently reported (see matheology § 152)
http://www.hs-augsburg.de/~mueckenh/KB/Matheology.pdf
mathematics and matheology lead to different values of the continued
fraction

1/((((((10^0)/10)+10^1)/10)+10^2)/10)+? = 0 (Cauchy)
1/((((((10^0)/10)+10^1)/10)+10^2)/10)+? > 1 (Cantor)

But 100 % of all matheologians who responded to our poll said that
this difference is not surprising since different methods have been
applied, namely the mathematical calculation invented by Cauchy and
the matheological method invented by Cantor. Although both names begin
with a C (like certainty (and even with a Ca (like can and cannot)))
the following letters are completely different.

The general opinion is that it is not surprising to find different
results when applying different methods. Even the application of the
*same* method by different people may yield different results as we
see daily in our elementary schools.

This attitude also has some consequences with respect to the human
rights. We should no longer talk of mistakes and errors in
calculations and punish pupils who deviate from the majority or main
stream, but we should only note beside the result who applied what
method and possibly also location and time because experience shows
that the result of a calculation may depend on such details.

For, he reasons pointedly: That which must not, can not be. (C.
Morgenstern)

Regards, WM