Date: Nov 20, 2012 12:17 AM
Author: Thomas
Subject: plot: x-ticks and more

Just learning to script figures and having a difficult time of it. I have a few, probably simple, questions. I wouldn't ask if I hadn't spent an entire day already with help files and internet forums - I am missing something very basic.....

For example, I have this basic script:

boxplot(ABC,[0],'k.',[],[2])
set(gca,'YLim',[0,10],'YTick',[0:2:10],'YGrid','on')
ylabel('Tmx')
set(gca,'findobj(gcf,'Tag','Box'),'Color','k')

(1) How do I work with the x-axis???
(1a) What if I would like the x-axis gone (as for a subplot)?

(2) How do I get the ylabel to appear in bold?

(3) The median lines in the boxes are still in red - how do I make them black?

Thanks in advance for any help. I thought that one post would be better than four.