Date: Nov 20, 2012 6:31 PM
Author: Balachander Narasimhan
Subject: Difficulties in Linux version of MATLAB

Hi,

I remember when I was using windows version of MATLAB, I could set a breakpoint within any subroutine and be able to stop there. In the Linux version (as late as R2011a), this is not possible. If I set a breakpoint within a sub-routine, it never stops there. The only way is to set a breakpoint in the calling function and then step further using F11. This makes life difficult especially with a second level routine. Is there a way out of this?

Also the following are not so convenient features of the linux version

1. If there is an error in the code, it deletes all the set break points
2. If there is a breakpoint in one routine and if I make changes in another subroutine, it simply saves the changes without asking for 'exit debug mode and save?'

Is there a way out of these either? These may be small things but could save a lot of time in code development.