Date: Nov 21, 2012 8:02 PM
Author: Davi
Subject: Special characters on file names: issues with linux

Hi, I think I did something not very wise in a program of mine. From either a Mac or a Windows, I exported data to diverse files that have special characters in their file names, for instance some files have the greek letter nu in the middle of the file name. Both Mac and Windows could  write and read files with such characters. Nevertheless, it seems linux has difficulties... I am using opensuse 12.2 .

If I try in this system to export a file with such character, the output file is NGC\[Nu]TablePhoto.csv, where it should be NGC=CE=BDTablePhoto.csv. Also, from linux I cannot import files as NGCCE=BDTablePhoto.csv (unless I edit its file name), since Mathematica in linux looks for NGC\[Nu]TablePhoto.csv.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to properly call such files under mathematica in linux?

Thanks,
Davi

PS: to import I use simply Import["NGC=CE=BDTablePhoto.csv"], it works on mac and windows.