Date: Nov 23, 2012 9:55 AM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: [math-learn] Brightness Versus Intelligence. / Eastern Versus Western learning

Robert Hansen Posted: Nov 22, 2012 11:29 AM

>There is a lot of anecdotal fluff in the article that is
>just plain wrong, and we see this far too much now days.

Bob,

You are confusing anecdote with fiction. An anecdote is a story about some event, usually personal, typically unpublished, always unverifiable. While this quality of an anecdote makes it undesirable as scientific evidence, the story itself might be perfectly true.

With an anecdote, you are invited to use your judgement as to its likeliness. So, if I tell you that a had a fight with my wife last week, that story may or may not be true, but there is nothing unbelievable about it, in principle.

The Education Mafia make things up to further their own interests. That is fiction.

One of my favorite Education Mafia troubadours is Marion Brady. His blatant indifference to the truth makes me laugh out loud.

Haim
No representation without taxation.