Date: Nov 24, 2012 10:58 AM
Author: Gowtham
Subject: Canon DLSR T2i with Matlab

Hello

Can anyone please help me on this ...
As part of a research project i am supposed to interface my Canon T2I SLR Camera with MATLAB.

Unfortunately i am not able to interface it with matlab ....

Firstly in the newest versions of windows (7 and later ) the camera gets detected as a portable drive .... and the CANON guys have provided a separate software for remote control of the camera ... and hence MATLAB doesnot detect any IMAGING Devices....

To get detected as an imaging device , i installed XP and got it detected as an imaging device l. But still MATLAB cannot access the device ....

Is there any tool kit or tool box which will acquire images from CANON devices ....

or is there any ACTIVEX control available to the CANON SLR Camera through MATLAB ...How would i know that if one was available ...

and please enlighten me on what other ways there might me on interfacing a CANON SLR T2i with MATLAB...

Thanks in advance :))