Date: Nov 24, 2012 11:54 AM
Author: Louis Talman
Subject: Re: [math-learn] Brightness Versus Intelligence. / Eastern Versus<br> Western learning

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

Wrong. In fact, as the best kid in the class, I seldom got asked to the
> board.

I'm not sure why you think that your own personal experience contradicts
Greeno's "usually". Your description of what happened to you is the
epitome of "anecdotal".

> Note: Alchemic-reformists are those that believe that mass success in
> education is attainable through a magical scholastic formula, irregardless
> of the students' interests, culture, ability or home situation.

Indeed. The reformists like Wayne Bishop, of whom this is an excellent
description.

--
--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State College of Denver