Date: Nov 24, 2012 12:03 PM
Author: Haim
Subject: Re: The Injurious School Culture Enforced by High-Stakes Testing

Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Nov 22, 2012 4:26 PM

>NCLB was actually mostly written by Republicans
>associated with the Bush. Here is some proof:

Here is better proof:

- -----------------------
http://tedkennedy.org/service/item/education
"Every major education law passed since the 1960s has borne Kennedy's imprint, from Head Start to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. He has proven himself, time and again, to be a fighter for children and educators," said Reg Weaver, the immediate past President of the National Education Association President.
In 2001, working closely with President George Bush, Senator Kennedy led the reauthorization by Congress of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which included a major bipartisan rewrite of virtually all federal elementary and secondary education laws to raise academic standards, hold schools accountable for results, and enable all children to have a better opportunity to succeed in school.

Senator Kennedy's leadership on the bipartisan reauthorization, signed into law as the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) in January 2002, demonstrates that he has been one of the Senate's strongest advocates for a high quality education for all students.

Of course, there are countless other items in Cyberia attesting to the leadership of Ted Kennedy, and the bipartisan nature of the effort, in bringing NCLB into existence. For example,

http://www.massaflcio.org/senator-kennedy-on-education
Putting aside party politics, Kennedy worked closely with President Bush to enact the No Child Left Behind Act, which sought to close the gap between privileged and the underprivileged, minority and non-minority children in public schools. After it became law and it was clear that the Bush administration was attempting to undercut the program by cutting off necessary funding, Kennedy was ready to fight back for the bipartisan act to make sure the required funding was allotted to ensure the Act would be successful.

As for the sad Diane Ravitch, who claims she had nothing to do with NCLB: I am sure that is true.

Haim
No representation without taxation.