Date: Nov 25, 2012 11:30 PM
Author: Halitsky
Subject: As per your suggestion in the other thread, scaled e on scaled u, c, L

I'm sending you off-line a PDF with the usual statistics plus line fit
plots and residual plots for a regression of the sort you suggested at
the end of the other thread:

e on (u,c,L)

where e,u,c, and L have all been scaled into [0,1] using the following
formula and intervals:

x' = (x - x_min) / (x_max - x_min)

e: [221.735, 308.65]
c: [1,252]
u: [.0079,36]
L: [2,253]

I've also sent off-line the raw and scaled values for u,e,c,L (these
are for all observations in a1_1_N_S, across all lengths).

I don't know if the residual plots for scaled u and c are too
heteroscedastic to make the regression meaningful.

And even if these two residual plots are sufficiently homoscedastic, I
don't know if you'll find the regression itself meaningful or
interesting.

But I figured I would send it along for what it's worth, inasmuch as
scaled e varies directly with scaled u and c, which is what should be
the case.