Date: Nov 26, 2012 12:15 AM
Author: forbisgaryg@gmail.com
Subject: questions about a "proof" of the Goldbach Conjecture.

I'm new to sci.math.  I came here from comp.ai.philosophy by way of sci.logic
because google groups doesn't allow crossposting and several people include
c.a.p in their crossposted articles. In sci.logic the Goldbach Conjecture
came up with a lot of nonsense and it lead me to start thinking about it.
Since my math is pretty rusty I'm having a bit of trouble. I came up with
the assertion that there would be a prime p between n and 2n and others
identified this as Bertrand's Postulate. I'm using a slighly stronger
conjecture that says "all even numbers greater than 7 can be expressed
as the sum of two distinct primes." I'm asserting the problem is a
topology problem and proposed there would be a proof related to the
spacing of equadistant prime from all natural numbers n greater than 3.
Today I found http://milesmathis.com/gold3.html
It's quite similar to what I proposed.
Since it's not an accepted proof I'm assuming there must be a flaw.
Is the flaw easy to spot and if so what is it?

Another corollary to my modified Goldbach Conjecture:

There is no natural number n such that for all primes p less than n
2n-p is not a prime.

If you question that read it again. Sure some 2n-p will not be prime
but not all of them or else n is prime and my stronger version is false
or the Goldbach Conjecture is false.

Except where n is a multiple of some prime p, 2n-p must be prime or
a multiple of some prime other than p,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen%27s_theorem
appears to be a poof that's a bit weaker than what's stated as a
proof at http://milesmathis.com/gold3.html
I find references to Chen's theorem on the web but I don't see the
actual proof of it on the web. How complex is it?