Date: Nov 27, 2012 4:28 AM
Author: Kaare Mikkelsen
Subject: changes to path reverted on closing

Hi, I'm sitting on linux, using R2012a. I have given myself ownership over the whole matlab-folder, so this is not one of the usual "why don't I have write-priviledges to the path file?". I can change the path easily, and it stays changed for the duration of the session. However, when I close down matlab and reopen, the path is back to what it was before.

Please note that it is not a good solution to try changing it through startup.m, since I discovered the problem exactly because I am trying to add the folder containing startup.m to my path, but failing.

Any ideas what might be casing this?