Date: Dec 1, 2012 10:51 AM
Author: Halitsky
Subject: Bonferroni tables for p’s from new 2-ways for Auq <br>	per fold and length interval

Below are the Bonferroni tables for p?s from the new Subset/Method 2-
ways for Auq per fold and length interval. Since there are 6 folds
and 12 length intervals, the number of Bonferroni entries is 72 per
method comparison (1:R1, 2:R2, or 3:R3.)

It?s clear that method 2 does better by far than method 1 or 3. (From
the CI plots of R?uq that we were just discussing, it was to be
expected that either method 1 or 2 or both would be ?good?, but
certainly not method 3; hence, the Bonferroni tables below are not
inconsistent with the CI plots previously exhibited.)

It?s also clear from the 2:R2 table that folds a1, b1, c1, c2 all
exhibit reliable behavior of Auq in regression Ruq at 2-5 different
length intervals each:

a1: 10,11
b1: 6,7
c1: 4,7,9,10,12
c2: 8,10,11,12

To put this point another way, we can use the residuals of Ruq for
these folds and length intervals to construct logistic regression
predictors with LESS worry that we are merely buidling dream-castles
on top of statistically unjustified sand-castles.

On the other hand, the following tables also make it clear folds b47
and a3 exhibit no reliable behavior of Auq in regression Ruq for any
length interval.

But - following up on a suggestion you raised some time ago, I want to
recompute the Bonferroni tables with just (a1,a3) entries grouped
together, just (b1,b47) entries grouped together, and jsut (c1,c2)
entries grouped together. Not only will this reduced the number of
Bonferroni entries per table from 72 to 24, but will also indicate the
extent to which: i) our two alpha folds (a1,a3) are like each other);
ii) our two beta folds (b1,b47) are like each other; iii) our two
alpha-beta folds (c1,c2) are like each other. I will post these nine
new Bonferroni tables (3 pairs of folds times three method
interactions) in my next post.

Thanks again as always for your continued consideration of these
matters. I hope that you agree with what I?ve said above ...

Bonferroni Tables for p's from
Auq Subset/Method 2-way Interactions
at Each Fold and Each Length Interval

Methods: 2,R2