Date: Dec 1, 2012 11:56 AM
Author: Dmitry Yu. Mitin
Subject: No Putnam spoilers please

Dear colleagues, dear friends,

Let me remind you that in 2012 William Lowell Putnam Competition takes
place in USA and Canada today on Saturday, 1 December 2012. It is
running from 10:00 a.m. GMT-4 in Atlantic zone till 4:00 p.m. GMT-10
in Hawaii zone. Also some students may take exams on Sunday because of
religious restrictions.

This is why at MathLinks.ro/ArtOfProblemSolving.com forum (for
example) such conversations are officially forbidden until Sunday
evening, 8:00 p.m EST (5:00 p.m. PST):
http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=509251

Also we are going to organize (unofficially) a local competition in
our university in Ukraine by the problems from Putnam Competition 2012
on Sunday, 2 December 2012. (The day of Saturday in USA and Canada is
the night from Saturday to Sunday in Ukraine.) We would like to start
at 10:00 a.m GMT+2 (3:00 a.m. EST, 0:00 a.m. PST) and finish at 5:00
p.m. GMT+2 (10:00 a.m. EST, 7:00 a.m. PST).

So like previous years let me ask you _NOT TO PUBLISH_ and _NOT TO
DISCUSS_ Putnam problems at least untill that time.

Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards,
Dmytro Mitin,
Assistant Professor, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv,
Kyiv, Ukraine.
http://dmitin.pochta.ru