Date: Dec 2, 2012 2:53 PM
Author: Halitsky
Subject: Re: Glad you brought up “singleton” length inter<br>	vals ... been thinkin’ on ‘em also ...

I am shortly sending two csv files offline: a1_N_1_C.csv and
a1_N_1_S.csv, both with the column headers:

Fold
Frame
DiSet
SetTyp
LenID (this is now a ?singleton? length)
obsN
Mean u (actually, mean(u/(1+u))
Mean e
Auq (see below for definition of this column and the remaining
columns
AuqSE
Aubu
AubuSE
Aube
AubeSE
AubAvcov
RuqResVar
RubResVar

With respect to these columns, please note that:

Auq is the average slope of the regression Ruq = c on (u?,u?^2), where
u? = u/(1+u)

AuqSe is the SE for Auq

Aubu is the average slope of the u? coefficient of the regression Rub
= c on (u?, e, u?*e) ... note that u? is now first and e is now
second ... but as you?ve pointed out, everything is symmetrical so
this switch from our original Rub = c on (e, u?, u?*e) is purely
notational, i.e. either way, we?re interested in the average slope and
SE that I?ve called Aube, AubeSE in the attached files (see below),
and perhaps also the average slope and SE that I?ve called Aubu,
AubuSE (see below).

AubuSe is the SE for Aubu

Aube is the average slope of the e coefficient of the regression Rub =
c on (e, u?, u?*e)

AubuSe is the SE for Aube

AubAvcov is that potentially useful covariance for Rub, the one you
defined as:

cov[Av1,Av2] = cov[a1,a2] + var[a3]*mean_x1*mean_x2 +
cov[a1,a3]*mean_x1 + cov[a2,a3]*mean_x2, where 1= u?, 2 = e, and 3 =
u?*e.

RuqResVar = variance of the residuals of Ruq

RubResVar = variance of the residuals of Rub.

If you want me to send the equivalent files for each pair of cells as
they're computed, please let me know.

Also, as I progress thru the run, I will be computing the master file
of N's you've asked for, although if I send you pairs of csv's for all
pairs of cells, you'll have these N's readily available.